Skip to main content

If you guys have not seen Jacques Pepin debone a chicken, you should really watch this short video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAekQ5fzfGM

I hope to get a CS later this year for our new B&B, but now am cooking on ceramics (BGE and Primo) and they turn out a pretty good roast chicken. This one was stuffed with mushrooms, spinach, shallots and cream cheese.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Jacques to me is one of the all time TV Chefs. And Pags, once you do a couple birds it's a no brainer, really. While I was living in Chile buying a whole turkey for Christmas was hard to find, so I bought whole chicken legs and deboned and stuffed them with a lovely apple/sausage stuffing. (very interesting to be someplace where it is 95 degrees on Christmas Day).
quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
Your finished product looks delicious. It just seems like a lot of work for me. Like anything, it probably goes quickly when we gain experience. If you've done a few, have you found this to be the case?

This is really not all that difficult or time consuming. After you do it once, it is well worth the effort. I really like the trick about making the lollipops. The bone in the first joint will pop out the same way and I do it all the time now.

In the wintertime I do my drumettes in the oven. Season them with seasoning salt, pepper and herbs de provence and roast at 425 for about 25 minutes, then brush on a nice teriyaki glaze a couple times over the next 15 minutes of roasting (total roasting time about 40-45 minutes). Hello Monday Night Football food !! They are addicting as all get out so make a lot.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.