Skip to main content

After experimenting for a while smoking buffalo wings at various temperatures and seasoning, I believe I have settled on my favorite recipe/technique (and probably the most simple recipe). I use Paul Prudhomme’s Poultry Magic on wings that have been coated with Olive Oil. I allow the wings to smoke for about 2 hours at 275 Degrees. The end product is moist buffalo wings with a semi-crisp skin.

Please enjoy this video I recently made preparing and smoking buffalo wings:
http://youtu.be/-otJIc20FUk

Ingredients:
1) 5 LB – Separated Chicken Drumettes and Wings
2) 1/3 Cup – Pure Olive Oil
3) 1/3 Cup - chef Paul Prudhomme Poultry Magic Seasoning

Instructions:
Add one small “chunk” of Hickory wood to the Cookshack SM025 smoker. Set smoker to 275 degrees. Coat buffalo wings (5 LB) with Pure Olive Oil (1/3 Cup) in a mixing bowl. Add 1/3 cup of Prudhomme Poultry Magic seasoning. Mix thoroughly. Place chicken pieces on a grill grate; then sprinkle some additional season on top. Place chicken in smoker once the smoker reaches an internal temperature of 225 degrees. Allow chicken to cook for about 1.5-2 hours. Immediately serve and enjoy.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome David. Great video. Thanks for sharing.

I've been telling Mrs. Pags for a few days that I'm ready for some more wings. I'll try your recipe with the olive oil and my own chicken rub (it's what's available). I'd probably throw the wings on the grill for a couple minutes to crisp up the skin...Cookshack grate with chicken right onto the grill.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.