Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

smoked chicken thighs Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I just seasoned the smoker and tomorrow I would like to smoke some thighs. I would like to know how long it will take and what is the best temp to smoke at.

Thanks

Posts: 10 | Location: new england | Registered: August 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Q'n n Brew'n
posted Hide Post
I smoke with apple at 225� for about 3 hrs.. times are never exact like doing a cake.. but it's close for me.

Posts: 687 | Location: Healdsburg, CA | Registered: December 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or try 250F for about the same time. Kinda depends how tender you like 'em and how big the chicken was.

Posts: 942 | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have a probe thermometer,you are probably looking to get them above 175� internal.

Posts: 9892 | Location: Satellite BeachFL,USA | Registered: March 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Livin' the BBQ Dream
posted Hide Post
Like Tom said.

The key is will they be skin on or off? Skin off, they'll dry out fast. Skin on, do it at a higher temp to finish. You'll get rubbery skin if you cook it too low.

If the skin isn't to your liking, just do it on a grill to crisp up the skin. If you're not eating the skin, cook it skin on and toss the skin.

Don't open the door a lot.

Posts: 14418 | Location: Oklahoma City, OK, USA | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post