Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Slice:
So you would think they would have made these to go on the inside so they would not be very visible. Unless I am missing something they only attach to the outside of the legs. They look horrible and the pre drilled holes are to high so now the grill is nowhere near level. Any thoughts?

I'm a little confused. Do you have one and have issue with it or looking to by one? If you do own one, just call CS and give them some feedback. They prefer feedback directly so they can know to make changes.

The reason I ask is there are no casters on my 500. I have one of the models from this year and I don't know if previous years used casters and where they were located.

I have a set of wheels on the left side and the right side had no wheels. They are mounted on the outside of the legs and have an axle running all the way through. Mine sits perfectly level (has to for the grease to drain and the drain cup is on the right side.

If there are some design comments, are you saying the wheels look bad on the outside?

There is so much stainless up top and it cooks like a champ, not sure why you're looking at the wheels.

But if it's a concern, just call CS. They don't monitor the forum for "feedback" as they like to get that 1 on 1.
After reading about the Cookshack casters resulting in the PG500 being not quite level after installation, I looked into alternatives. I found these casters at Rockler.com that I wound up using.

http://www.rockler.com/workbench-caster-kit-4-pack

I had to drill two holes into each leg and secure the casters with stainless machine screws and nylon locknuts. These casters are in the same orientation as the factory casters. I'm not sure how these will withstand the outdoor elements in the long term, though. The two legs remain on the ground unless the levers are lowered which pushes the casters down until they "lock" into position (and raise the legs about 1/2 inch or so). After moving the grill, the levers can be released from the down position and the grill returns to the normal feet.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.