Skip to main content

So we do pizza's of course, but I've found that the family just puts TOO much on the pizza.

Enter the Calzone.

You'll need a pizza stone. I bought mine online a Forno Bravo, get pizza stuff.

Now usually I'm a hand made dough (and I can tell you some forums, recipes, etc) but what we've found works well is buying pre-made dough. Either from a local store (frozen) or local restaurant.

Fire up the FEPG on 600 and wait until the Pizza Stone gets hot.

CAN you do this without a stone? Yes. The problem will be the dough. If you want real pizza texture, you need to heat from the bottom as well.

You can modify the LHT/HHt settings (See Nordy's post at the top of the forum) if you so desire.

I use an Infrared Thermometer to test the temp of the Pizza Stone. Usually takes an hour or more to get the temp up to 450+ (that's my minimum temp).

Make the calzone:

Fold it over and seal the edges REAL well. Why?

Check out the blowout in the photo below:

We will spray the top with a little spray of olive oil or other spray, sprinkle pizza spices on top and cook for color.

I've probably got some other photos and I'll add them to the thread if I can find them.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks,

We love them. The premade dough saves time, the ingredients, we just take leftover, fresh meat, fill bowls and everyone gets to do their own.

And with Calzone's, you can stuff them as long as you can fold the dough over.

Oh, and cut some slices across the top, let a bit of the steam out. Not huge, just big enough to vent.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.