Skip to main content

While waiting for my FEPG grill to arrive, I have received several messages from current owners with hints and advice for the new grill (for which I am very grateful). One of the more interesting comments was that the grill controller arrives with a default to display set temp only and that getting it to display the actual box temp is only accomplished by changing a jumper on the controller board.

I wonder if this is the case with all FEPGs or only those shipped within a particular time period.

Seems odd to not have that feature activated as shipped. Anyone got info on this or particularly why they don't ship that way (if this is still the case)?

Thanks,

...Bob
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I guess I didn't make myself clear in my original post. What I was told was that the controller is set to display set temp only and that by changing the jumper, you can toggle between set and actual by pressing a button.

The latter option seems to make sense to me and that was why I was wondering whether this was still the default setting.

BTW, I just found a posting from Fast Eddy confirming the ability to change the jumper to be able to toggle between set and actual temp.
Yes you can change it... no I've never needed to. I almost always use a pit thermometer (maverick ET-732) to monitor IT of the meat... so I can use that to monitor the pit temp at the level of the meat as well.

IF its running in LHT rate then it's seeing above the set temp. If it's running the HHT rate then you know it's seeing below the set temp... That's about all I need to know...

You can change it if you want though!

N
quote:
Originally posted by bborzell:
I guess I didn't make myself clear in my original post. What I was told was that the controller is set to display set temp only and that by changing the jumper, you can toggle between set and actual by pressing a button.

The latter option seems to make sense to me and that was why I was wondering whether this was still the default setting.

BTW, I just found a posting from Fast Eddy confirming the ability to change the jumper to be able to toggle between set and actual temp.

That makes more sense to be able to toggle back and forth, and since you mentioned it I vaguely remember that post. That said, I probably still won't change mine because I pretty much know what the temp is going to be in the different zones based on my set temp.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.