Skip to main content

I am getting ready to do a cleanup on my PG500. I am curious. Is it ok to use cleaners like Greased Lightning or Simple Green on the inside PG500? I have the other cleaner for the outside (Pro Force I believe). Also, can I clean the non-CI grates in a garbage bag with ammonia like the Traeger grates?

Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Cerveza:
I am getting ready to do a cleanup on my PG500. I am curious. Is it ok to use cleaners like Greased Lightning or Simple Green on the inside PG500? I have the other cleaner for the outside (Pro Force I believe). Also, can I clean the non-CI grates in a garbage bag with ammonia like the Traeger grates?

Thanks

Greased Lightening is not food safe. Not sure about simple green. Consider scraping with a plastic putty knife & wiping down the inside with lemon juice.

I'm a poor one to ask, because it doesn't appear after 2 years of smoking, that mine needs cleaned Big Grin

I use a grill brush to clean the grates occasionally and change the foil when needed. If you grill at higher heat for an extended time the smoke will flake off the top and side walls, so I scrape that with a putty knife when it happens, oh well!

I do use vinegar to clean the temp probe every couple months.

Hope this helps a little.
Thanks for the help. I am going to try and bake off as much as I can. I will take a plastic putty knife and scrape off the flaked stuff and then try to clean out the grease channel. That area is getting kind of nasty and doesn't seem to get enough heat to stay clean with out some assistance.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.