Skip to main content

Greeting from Colorado... Took delivery of my PG500 this week in the middle of a big snow. Finally got it place... first words our of my wife's mouth were "Wow, that's hand welded.. I love it".

Assembly was a snap and had a nice surprise when I saw it included a stainless steel grate. I also sprung for an iGrill Thermometer, which seems to work pretty good. The graph has made it easier to set and understand HHT to adapt to cold weather.

Burned it in a few times since it was way too cold to enjoy a cook. Ribs are going on this afternoon.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • PG500
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Question Shortstop: When you ran your seasoning burns and your rib cook, did you keep an eye on your temp display on the controller?

Why ask? On my PG500 that was manufactured in July 14, my display seems to always show the set temp and doesn't show the actual temp like others have said about their PG grills. If yours is like mine, I'll assume that there was some software changes. If yours shows varying temps to reflect the actual temp of the grill, I'll have to contact Cookshack to see if there is a problem with my controller. In an earlier email to a rep, she replied that her PG1000 did show the actual temp. When I did use the grill, an old fashioned spring oven gauge showed the temp holding consistently at the set temp when I'd check every 30 min or so. Temp wise, not a problem, just a concern of a possible problem with my controller if the actual temp is suppose to be shown (as it is on my 025 smoker) and mine is unique. Thanks in advance to you or anyone else who has input.
quote:
Originally posted by Shortstop:
Greeting from Colorado... Took delivery of my PG500 this week in the middle of a big snow. Finally got it place... first words our of my wife's mouth were "Wow, that's hand welded.. I love it".

Assembly was a snap and had a nice surprise when I saw it included a stainless steel grate. I also sprung for an iGrill Thermometer, which seems to work pretty good. The graph has made it easier to set and understand HHT to adapt to cold weather.

Burned it in a few times since it was way too cold to enjoy a cook. Ribs are going on this afternoon.

I know I'm late to the party, but congratulations on your PG500. I love mine.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.