Skip to main content

Do you recommend any cleaners that work well on the PG-500 exterior? I have some dark brown/black spots where the smoke/heat exhausts at the base of the doors. I have tried to get it off with Sprayway SS cleaner/polish but it is not removing it. I have seen some mention of cleaners for the 1000 but it is a different version of SS so thought I would ask first.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Pro-force oven clearer from Sam’s will do the job. It can be used hot or cold and requires very little effort on your part. Just spray it on, let it sit and then wipe or rinse off. May require more than one application depending on the degree of deposits and you can use a light abrasive scrubby if necessary, just don’t overdo it in one spot. Follow up with a stainless steel polish if you desire.

Some words of caution:
1. Wear chemical gloves as the product attacks protein and that is the material your nails are made of. It will cause them to curl and turn yellow if allowed to stay on for any period of time.
2. The stuff will remove the seasoning on the inside as well.
3. Heat the unit up after cleaning to burn off any residue which can affect the flavor of the Q.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.