Skip to main content

Last night the wife pulled out Ny strip steaks that she wanted me to put on the pellet grill.

This would be my first real run at cooking steaks on the new grill.

Decided not to do the reverse sear that I've been reading about and just to my normal routine that I do on the gasser. 3 minutes each side direct then move to indirect till Internal of 140.

These were by far the best steaks I have ever cooked.
As we were eating my wife said these are excellent so I had to ask how they compared to past which she replied best ever.

I've often concidered myself to turn out a half decent steak but I would put these against most restuarant steaks I've had.

So now this has me thinking is this coincidence or is it the pg500.
I think I'm gonna have to do a comparison coook. One steak on pg500 and other on gasser.

Has anyone else seen this drastic of a difference when switching over to pellet grill?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome to the club - "The secret society of great steak cooks who use a Fast Eddy pellet grill"

This pit makes great steaks (I've got the PG1000) there is a big difference vs gas.

Rule #1 - Tell everyone the grill is fantastic
Rule #2 - Enjoy the compliments

Bottom line... Great cooks cook greater on these pellet grills.
I haven't willingly gone to a steakhouse or BBQ joint since I got my PG1000 over a year ago.

Only reason I go is to hang with friends. I order the chicken... KIDDING... I order steak and then dream about how much better it would have been at home.

and +1 on Shelly's wife comment. My wife LOVES my hobby... I almost always get the "green light" on cooking purchases... Heck have you seen the new deck! All due to the PG1000 Smiler

Nordy
Shelly,
My wife likes bbq but doesn't love it and crave it like I do. Last weekend the kids were out for the night so instead of cooking a big meal I just made some of those Jalepeno Bisquick sausage balls. My wife was in heaven. Its the first time I've ever seen her go for seconds and she woke up next morning and had thirds.

Nordy I can relate. Before buying my Amerique a couple years ago I would hit up Famous Daves about once a month. I've been once since and was highly dissapointed. I can't believe I use to love that place. Even my mediocre cooks are as good or better.That is a killer set up you have going on.
Nordy, the deck looks awesome along with all the "hardware" on it. I am seriously thinking about the PG1000, especially after my wife asked me a few weeks back, "can we have something that hasn't been smoked this weekend"... Justification for me, heck yah... but her, well let's just say she'll have to come around eventually.....right?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.