Skip to main content

Going to smoke my first Brisket on the 500. I usually use the Amerique and get pretty good results but want to give it a go on the 500. Read Mack's post and it gave me a good starting point. Any ideas or tips are welcome.

I have never injected one before-- should I?

My usual method in Amerique is to take it to internal of 185 then sauce and foil and cook to 195-200.

3 out 4 times they come out good. Every now and then I get one that is over cooked and falling apart.

So far I've been extremely happy with everything thats come out of the 500. I've had to adjust how I do things and I'm thinking since the 500 isn't as moist of a cooker as the Amerique I'm wondering If I need to foil early.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'd try the way you're used to, then change up on the next one. That way, you can better tell the difference between the two smokers.

Next one, try the injection. I used Butcher's BBQ injection on the last couple, and they turned out moist and flavorful. Question is...if you inject, why foil? Injecting creates moisture, and without the foil, I like the bark better.
Last edited by pags

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.