Skip to main content

Almost ready to pull the trigger on the PG500!!!

But need info on shipping costs including Canadian duty and customs tariffs to Canada.

Has anybody here ordered a PG500 from Canada? Was wondering the cost of Canadian duty and customs tariffs.
I called Karen at Cookshack for some info,but she wasn't very helpful, she said " I could send you the NAFTA information after you buy it ". I kind of need the info before any purchase! The 1,444.00 price tag could be bumped up to 2,200.00. I used an online Canadian duty and customs tariffs calculator, but I don't know how accurate it is.

Is there a way around the Canadian Duty? like sending it as a gift to someone else?

If it does come to $2,200 .. an $800.00 increase is a lot!

any help would be nice

Pete
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Seeing as a Cookshack is made in the USA, there shouldn't be any customs duties. You will pay shipping, and you will pay Provincial Sales tax and GST. If you are in a Province that has HST, then you will pay that.

Also, you will pay some sort of brokerage fee for the shipper to clear the shipment at the border.

What province are you in?
Hi Meaty:
I live near the border and have bought bbq supplies many times.
You will pay no duty, but most times you will pay HST, though last time the guard just waved me through although I told him I had almost $200 in sauces and rubs.
The most costly part of shipping cross-border are the Customs fees that the carrier will charge you.
As an example, a friend of mine bought a gallon of sauce: shipping to Buffalo was $11, shipping to Toronto was $42.
It usually is more than the shipping costs.
To get around this, I ship to a UPS store and then take the item(s) across the border myself.
If you live near the border, this method can save a ton of money.
Enjoy your new purchase.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.