Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have one of the original PG500s, yes there is some over shoot of pellets, but no more than what I get with my FEC100. If I was guessing somewhere around 100 per 20lb bag of pellets. Too me, this is very minimal and not a big thing.

As far as the clean out, I use a shop vacuum and do it about every other bag of pellets, unless I'm cooking at a comp, then it's done before I compete. It seems to me that the fan will keep the ash blown out, except for about 1/2 of an inch in the bottom. i guess you could bend a spoon to get this out if you wanted. It's very easy to get to the fire pot.
quote:
Originally posted by Jaloppy:
Well I wonder it the newer models have addressed this? I know it doesn't change the quality of food the grill puts out or anything like that but I know I'll be trying to salvage pellets causing more work.

Seriously, call Cookshack on their 800 number and ask about all your questions, quality of stainless steel, upgrades,etc. The folks down there are super nice, they won't try to sell you something that is not what you need. I've meet Stuart(president/CEO), Fast Eddy(inventor/cook), both salesman,Bill&Tony (masters of all problems), all the office gals. They all are great people that love to help BBQers, heck all of them BBQ and some compete or judge KCBS competitions.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.