Skip to main content

Hi all,

I'm looking to get myself a Pellet grill.After doing tons of research for about 5 months,I can see that the PG500 is the best there is! I have only 1 concern.. RUST .. I saw in Bentley's performance test photo's,in back of the 2nd photo of the raw chickens,I think we see rust in back of the top shelf support bracket .. but I might be wrong.Could someone please verify this?

this is the picture
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have a PG500, no it's not rust. I looked at mine and it is a lighter color of smoke. I noticed that the area behind my probe that I clean last smoke and had some black cleaned off the wall looked like the same as the area your showing.

If you would like, I could post a pic of my inside to show you?

Nice grill, I use mine 4-5 times a week!
I to have the 500 with no rust issues. I'm with Cal on smoke coating. If you look at the front of that picture you will see it on the edge of the rail the door closes into. I have that golden brown stain in these areas as well. Its definitely smoke coated on the surface. This grill/smoker is unbelievable and the most versatile on the market.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cal:
I have a PG500, no it's not rust. I looked at mine and it is a lighter color of smoke. I noticed that the area behind my probe that I clean last smoke and had some black cleaned off the wall looked like the same as the area your showing.

If you would like, I could post a pic of my inside to show you?

Nice grill, I use mine 4-5 times a week![if you could that would be great and how long have you had it?]
quote:
Originally posted by Tim-In-AZ:
I to have the 500 with no rust issues. I'm with Cal on smoke coating. If you look at the front of that picture you will see it on the edge of the rail the door closes into. I have that golden brown stain in these areas as well. Its definitely smoke coated on the surface. This grill/smoker is unbelievable and the most versatile on the market.
if its just a smoke stain its ok

thanks
Not a problem, my serial number is 1022, so it was the 22nd one made for sale. I received it Feb 24 and have ran about 300#s of pellets through it.

Here is a pic of the outside...

Here is a pic of the inside, hopefully you will be able to see the smoke color that you thought was rust. I swear, there is no rust on my smoker anywhere. I do keep it inside when not in use.

Please ask any other questions, now Tim's smoker was one of the very 1st manufactured...so his is probably 5 weeks or so older then mine. Like I said, a very fine grill/smoker.

Oh, you can see where the black smoke color was taken off behind my probe when I cleaned the probe and it has just started reseasoning. That is what gives it an rustic look.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.