Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

No big deal, I can post the recipe if you wish. It has quite a few ingriendents.

The procedure for cooking is simple. Set the FEPG500 to 275* setpoint. Spray wire grates similar to cookie cooling grates with PAM and place the wings on with about a quarter of an inch seperation between the wings. Place one grate in the middle of zone four and one to the right on zone three. It will stick over but the lid will close and the weight of the wings will keep it from falling off. Rotate up down and around about every 15 minutes for an hour. At the 30 minute rotation, flip the wings. After the hour, glaze wings by putting them in an aluminum pan and pouring the glaze over and until well coated, place back on grill to set glaze. Remove and enjoy.

I have posted the recipe in the recipe section as Smoke'n Hot Wings. Some of the items may not be found in your local Kroger. The I+G is difficult, if not impossible, to find. It adds a umami (savory) flavor and increases the effect of the MSG/HVP. Without it, add additional MSG/HVP to taste. MSG and HVP are similar products, just a marketing angle as MSG has an undeserved bad rap.
Last edited by smokenice

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.