Skip to main content

I am absolutely hooked on the bottom crusted fish fillets that I am able to cook on the PG500. The crust is cracklin' good and can't be matched even if the fish was put under a broiler or salamander for a top crust.

It is the ONLY way I will now grill any fish fillet. And there's usually room on the tray for some asparagus and onions. Nothing is ever turned on the grill and I use a spatula to slide the foods off the tray when done.

The fish is cooked on a small perforated grill pan (that can fit on to the char broiler) until the bottom edges show the browning crust and the top surface begins to turn opaque, and then the tray is put above the char broiler on the upper rack in Zone 2 to finish setting the glaze.

I set the grill to 425° and it takes about 5 minutes on the char broiler before moving the pan on to the upper grate which is Zone 2.

For this meal, I glazed the salmon with a very thin sauce I use as a dressing for my Chinese Chicken Salad and then another brushing just before serving.

The Mushu vegetables are seasoned with some Hoisin and some of my own teriyaki. They are quickly stir fried on the kitchen stove. And assorted vegetables as always to complete the plate.

Shelly

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by bborzell:
Shelly...

The salmon looks great. Any chance you could post a picture (or other reference) of the small perforated pan you used? Thanks.

...Bob

We use a couple of non-stick veggie trays for our salmon. They work really well. They have round holes in them.
quote:
Originally posted by GaryT:
quote:
Originally posted by bborzell:
Shelly...

The salmon looks great. Any chance you could post a picture (or other reference) of the small perforated pan you used? Thanks.

...Bob

We use a couple of non-stick veggie trays for our salmon. They work really well. They have round holes in them.

Do you use the non stick pans on the direct side of a FE? I wonder how NS holds up to direct heat.
quote:
Originally posted by GaryT:
This is one of the Non-Stick Grill sheets we have. We have used them for, here is meat loaf, salmon and veggies. We do Pam them, just in case, but have never had a problem with heat or sticking.

Oh, forgot to tell you that we use them on our FEC100 and pellet grill.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.