Skip to main content

Fellow Cookshack owners...

I have a new PG500 on the way!! Should be here next week. I'll take pics for all to see when it gets here.

I've been reading many posts from all the PG500 and PG1000 owners on this site and the Pelletheads site and I can't wait to cook on this machine.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I would oil it up and run it at 300 degrees for a couple of hours a couple of times before using it. Or just don't use the grill on your first few smokes and season it while you are smoking on the indirect side. Replacement grills are about $100. Just FYI. And then keep it clean and repeat. Oil it just about every time you run it would be best. I use Crisco with a brush.
quote:
Originally posted by Padrefan98:
I would oil it up and run it at 300 degrees for a couple of hours a couple of times before using it. Or just don't use the grill on your first few smokes and season it while you are smoking on the indirect side. Replacement grills are about $100. Just FYI. And then keep it clean and repeat. Oil it just about every time you run it would be best. I use Crisco with a brush.

Thanks Padre. I'll keep an eye on it for sure. Living near the Louisiana coast it will be interesting to see if the grate can be kept rust free.
quote:
Originally posted by scott312:
quote:
Originally posted by Chacahoula Tiger:
New Picture.......

I guess I better find my crowbars. Did you unpack it by yourself?
I have one ordered. It looks great.
And Hello Tiger, this is my first post.

Scott in Houston

Welcome Scott 312! Get ready for a great adventure! (and lots of new friends!) Wink
quote:
quote:
New Picture.......

Scott in Houston

Hey Scott...I haven't been on the forum in a few days and just saw your post. Welcome to the forum and pellet grill cooking. The PG500 basically comes completely assembled except for the front and side shelf. You'll be firing it up in no time at all. Take pics and let us see your new pit. You'll love it.
quote:
quote:
quote:
New Picture.......

Scott in Houston

Hey Scott...I haven't been on the forum in a few days and just saw your post. Welcome to the forum and pellet grill cooking. The PG500 basically comes completely assembled except for the front and side shelf. You'll be firing it up in no time at all. Take pics and let us see your new pit. You'll love it.

I sure will and thank you Tiger. This reply was in my spam folder for some reason : )
I'm worn out from looking at all the recipes and grill smoke info.
It's suppose to ship this coming Friday : )
Thank you for the reply

Scott

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.