Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

To extend the life and get a little use out of the Traeger while you wait for the PG you might want to consider a simple mode. Place one of the 2 burner oblong cast iron griddles on top of the small heat deflector above the fire pot. This will give you more consistant temps. The only issues are the edges of the grill will be hot in front and rear. It acts as a heat sink and tuning plate I actually bolted mine in place so I could move it without having to reset it.
Mack
Congratulations! You will really enjoy the PG500. We got ours a week or so ago and am totally amazed each time we use it.
To season, just read the manual. All you have to do is turn it on and watch smoke rise. Wink
You might even want to shove a piece of meat in there, that would make it very happy.
We are not experts by any stretch, but dig around in the PG archives and you will learn a lot. Nordy has some really good post about the LHT and HHT. Naughty Nurse cooked about anything you can imagine.
Mine is number 1022, so it was the 22nd...what was your number?

Congrats on your PG500, I think you'll find that it gets a LOT of use.

I chunk up potatoes, wrap in foil and flavored oil and put them on the top shelf on the direct side. Cook at 300* for 1 hr turning ever 15 minutes. Grill the hamburgers the last 15 minutes. I must do this twice a week...A guy has too do what he has too do.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.