Skip to main content

Hi All,

Long time lurker first time posting. Been looking to grab a PG500 but I am wondering whether I should get one new, or there is one that is from 2012 used semi-nearby.

Price difference is about 50% off for the used one, requires me to drive +/-3 hrs to get it and since its from 2012 comes with no warranty. Pictures look very good and the owner seems like a reputable person from the forum who was always raving about his PG500 (bought a FEC100 for more space though).

What are your thoughts? On one hand, the 50% off savings is great, however with it being out of warranty, the cost to replace parts that go bad I would think could easily close that price difference real quick.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Like Tom says, "it depends".

The new one will come with the SS direct grate, get delivered to your door & come with a warranty as well as a no question return policy. If you go this route a bonus would be to upgrade the indirect grate to SS & add pellets/rub/sauce to the pallet for limited increase in freight.

On the other hand, if you're willing to drive 6 hours & take a chance you will save some $$$. CS service will still be great but you will pay for any parts + s&h.

Good Luck!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.