Skip to main content

After using the FEPG500 for a 3 month perior and cooking chicken, ribs and brisket on it, I have come to the conclusion that with proper time management, an IBCA or Lone Star cookoff can be cooked on it with no other cooker needed. Let the fun begin! Cool

I can defend this and plan on doing it in Irving this coming weekend.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

You CAN, but do you want to?

My biggest question would be how risk adverse are you. You can only cook so many PB's and Briskets on one, but if anyone is up to the challenge you are.

Guess you're trying to get rid of the trailer and "go small"?

Take some video, maybe you can be a saleman for CS and the "go small, eco friendly comp setup" Big Grin
Well, I sorta cheated. Took the FE100 with me and used it to finish the brisket on. Started the briskets at mid-night in zone 4 with a setpoint of 250. This was an IBCA contest and there were 61 teams so turn-ins were 1, 2:30 & 4. Needed to do ribs so at 9 am moved the briskets to the FE100 and placed the ribs in zone 4 at 275. 2 hours and Texas crutch for 2 hours and then an hour unwrapped and sauced. Also did half chickens (4) in zone 3 at the same time.

This contest was the Elks in Irving and in the several years I have been doing it have never even made the finals table. Got lucky this time, 4th chicken, 9th ribs and 13th brisket. and this was out of 61 teams. Not bad for a pellet cooker in Texas Big Grin

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.