Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I called CS today and they said $160 freight for the PG1000 (probably similar for the PG500). You get four 20# bags of hickory pellets but they cannot add any more to the shipment. (Additional pellets would be a separate freight charge.)

All in it looks like $2,675.50 for the PG1000 + 2 extra bags of pellets.

10 days left! Roll Eyes
It's a tough call. I'll be honest. If I wanted just a grill, I'd get a charbroiler. It's ALL grill.

The PG is a hybrid. Has the four zones, zone one being grilling.

It's a great griller, but you learn quickly how to adapt to the size when cooking large amounts. The advantage is say to pre-smoke your burgers then finish them on the direct side.

I'm spoiled with a CB, a PG1000 and two FEC's on the deck. Yeah, CS has been AWESOME to me and they're all good products, just each has it's strengths.
Joe M,
Like you, I too have a FEC100 and a Weber gas grill, have been looking at the PG500, and wondered if that was something I wanted to get. Due to Cookshack's current sale, I just now ordered a PG500. I really like the idea of being able to add a little smoke flavor to foods before I grill them, so that was the factor that convinced me to go ahead and get one.

I did get the optional front shelf as the side shelf looks to be a bit obstructed with the way the doors open to the sides rather than the up-swinging hood I am used to from my other grills. I would like to hear from other PG500 users if they ordered that front shelf or wish they had done so. Thanks!
I don't have the front shelf. Too me the front shelf is a nice thing to have but I don't miss it. If you had bottles of seasoning or sauce on it you might have to be careful when opening the doors. As far as placing or removing food. Sometimes I will place my cutting board right into the smoker in zone 4 and remove the food from the grill that way. Or I might just hold the board or plate and remove the food. Sometimes I will put the board on top of the smoker but never a plate because it does get hot up there. Just some work arounds I have come up with. Enjoy that grill/smoker. I sure do. I use it at least 3-4 times a week.
Look at the thread titled "What to cook on your FEPC" and see if that answers your question.
As has been said, it's a cooking machine and that thread lists out some of the stuff we've cooked on them.
My short answer for people who ask; I have yet to find anything I can't cook on it!
quote:
Originally posted by NaughtyNurse:
Look at the thread titled "What to cook on your FEPC" and see if that answers your question.
As has been said, it's a cooking machine and that thread lists out some of the stuff we've cooked on them.

I looked at that Thread - Cinnamon Rolls & Cherry Pie - really ?!?! Yes indeed, folks seemed to have cooked just about everything - only thing I did not see listed was a bowl of breakfast oatmeal! Big Grin
Thanks. Really looking forward to when mine arrives!!
Last edited by olysmokes
quote:
I looked at that Thread - Cinnamon Rolls & Cherry Pie - really ?!?! Yes indeed, folks seemed to have cooked just about everything - only thing I did not see listed was a bowl of breakfast oatmeal! Big Grin
Thanks. Really looking forward to when mine arrives!!

I pulled the trigger on a FEPG 1000 today! I know it is going to be great and that Cookshack will stand behind it 100%! Thanks for all of you candid advice.
Let me know how that SMOKED OATMEAL turns out olysmokes! Wink
Last edited by Former Member

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.