Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

That looks literally AMAZING,
i've never done Salmon, or any fish before. Do i need to brine the salmon with anything?

What spices did you use

what kind of wood

Awesome

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.T:
Did four pounds of King Salmon yesterday on the Amerique with eleven pounds of Copper River Sockeye still waiting in the fridge. This was the cooks reward.

Apple smoked King Salmon,cream cheese,crackers and a beverage.
I'm about to do about six lbs of King Salmon tomorrow. I use Mr. T's brine recipe overnight, about an hour under a fan to form the pellicle, then in the smoker at 200 for about 1 1/2 hours with apple to an IT of 150 - 155 in the thickest piece. My total for the summer (stretching a little bit) will now be about 30 lbs, King, Copper River, and sockeye. Fabulous. Mr. T, THANK YOU! For those of you who don't know, King Salmon (now mostly disappeared from the US waters off Oregon and Washington, but still abundant in AK, is a large species that looks like farmed Atlantic salmon in appearance but has that wild salmon flavor and more internal fat than Sockeye or even Copper River. I usually sells for over $20 a lb but on sale can be had for around $14 - 16, where I can find it, at the end of the season (i.e., right now).

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.