Skip to main content

I don't know if any of you have of the "dancing squid"? It's basically a squid which has been killed in the kitchen, prepared and when you pour soy sauce, the salt in the sauce will activate its nerves which will give it the impression that it's alive.

Who would eat that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ture=player_embedded
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Viksin,
Some eat to live, others live to eat. I am in the second group as you might have guessed. Having had the good fortune of being able to experience foods from half the world and all of America. I suppose my dining experiences are greater than the norm. I have learned to be adventurous when making my culinary decisions. Sure some were only tried once but others have become favorites. Probably the first thing one has to overcome is the name of something you are not familiar with. So many people won’t even try something new because it sounds awful. Example chicken feet, sweet breads, anchovies or maybe ox tails. Eeker All of which are very good when cooked properly. Then there is the way it looks or smells. I always try to encourage people to try things that may be new to them. What do you have to lose? Don't forget, it will probably be better smoked no matter what it is. Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by SHELLFISH:
Fresh Clams or Oysters on the half shell. Umm umm good!
I will admit it is an acquired taste!

Had my first and last raw oyster last weekend. Didn't do anything for me. Didn't seem to have any taste. Texture wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, so I'm not put off by that...just didn't get any taste...maybe I used too many extras they served with the oysters.

Now, sushi I like...hmmm, I getting an idea! Anyone ever smoked tuna??

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.