Skip to main content

I was going to smoke some Salmon this weekend. But, I also have a lot of Tuna as well. I have not smoked any Tuna yet so I thought I would give it a try.

If the fillets are about the same size... do you see any issues smoking both Tuna and Salmon together?

Can I put them in the same brine together? Or should I keep them in a different bags to brine but still smoke them together?

thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by JohnIrish:

If the fillets are about the same size... do you see any issues smoking both Tuna and Salmon together?

Can I put them in the same brine together? Or should I keep them in a different bags to brine but still smoke them together?

thanks

Are you plaqnning to hot or cold smoke?

You can brine and smoke them together. Tuna (other than #1 Sushi Bluefin) has less fat content. Over smoking the tuna, from an internal heat standpoint, may result in drying out the fish. If hot smoking, I'd keep the tuna medium rare, around 130ish
quote:
Originally posted by MaxQ:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JohnIrish:

Tuna (other than #1 Sushi Bluefin) has less fat content. Over smoking the tuna, from an internal heat standpoint, may result in drying out the fish. If hot smoking, I'd keep the tuna medium rare, around 130ish

Max, That is why I suggested smoking separately and monitoring this time. I felt the Tuna would have less fat content but was not sure. I have eaten it as Sushi many times but have never smoked it.

Mr.T

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.