Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

kathye,
we use the trimming from both our sour orange tree and lime trees for smoking (the lime leaves i use when thai cooking) just be sure they are dry before you put them in a cs. kumquat would be neat to try!!!! i find the citrus wood works best on chickens or ribs. leaves a nice color a little lighter than the mahogany that pecan gives me but pretty close and the flavor is good.
someone once gave me advice that if the tree bears nuts or fruit that you would eat it was ok to try and so far that advice has been good. just be careful with black walnut though it can bitter up real fast like miskeet Razzer
jack
ps. and with that i am off to watch the bbq comp on food network from mandaly bay.
Prisonchef,
I am going to ask my friend is she saved any wood from her live oak that came down in the hurricane. I never thought of that.By the time I get to Biloxi, the trimmings will probably be dry.
by the way I have a couple pictures of you and Peggy I took in Mineola when we were ther with cadillac. want the negative? I didnt get any CD of it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.