Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Like Randy said.
I think it was Smokin' that always said go buy a $2 fryer chicken and try your experiment.

Also, most cooks and diners can't tell one smoke from another-unless it is offensive.
Thus,most of us settle on something that isn't offensive and let the meat shine thru and maybe a slight bit of accent from rub/sauce.
I agree with Tom, let the flavor of the meat come through. A little pineapple in the sauce or something could give that little touch you may be looking for.

One team we competed with last year took reserve grand by placing a little pineapple in the sauce. A few judges said it had a little something they could pick out, but they liked it.

RandyE
quote:
Originally posted by Randy E:
I agree with Tom, let the flavor of the meat come through. A little pineapple in the sauce or something could give that little touch you may be looking for.

One team we competed with last year took reserve grand by placing a little pineapple in the sauce. A few judges said it had a little something they could pick out, but they liked it.

RandyE

In late July I judged a competition where a competitor used pineapple in their BBQ sauce on their brisket. Kinda funky, but I did remember it.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.