Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I have a similar setup but they are stacked 'boxes' from Sears if I recall. But the drawers are very similar.

One word of caution since you live in MN (and I live in MI) In cold weather they will easily crack. Most of my drawers are hanging by a thread. (vision that!) So I am going to be looking for something a little sturdier pretty soon. If anyone has suggestions, I'd appreciate it.
That is way more sophisticated then my method. Guess I'm like Bubba, just have to pick my fights with the boss and this wouldn't be one of them, but I do like how you have it organized.

I have the luxury of having access to empty 30LB plastic nail buckets.Their size is 9"x9"x9",clear in color,lids, and stack well. It has worked out nice. Black magic mark for stickers,oh well.
Just a note on that setup. I live in northern MI which is probably as cold as NJ. I used the same style of 'stackables' for a about two years but they eventually got brittle and broke in the cold weather.

I have since bought a nice, roomy wheel-around tool chest that has 6 drawers. ($320 at Menards) and love it. It holds all my woods (about 6 types), foils, frog mats, gloves and anything else that I usually had scattered around my smoker.

Can take pictures if you like.
quote:
Originally posted by Qnorth:
Just a note on that setup. I live in northern MI which is probably as cold as NJ. I used the same style of 'stackables' for a about two years but they eventually got brittle and broke in the cold weather.

I have since bought a nice, roomy wheel-around tool chest that has 6 drawers. ($320 at Menards) and love it. It holds all my woods (about 6 types), foils, frog mats, gloves and anything else that I usually had scattered around my smoker.

Can take pictures if you like.

I would Love to see your Set-Up if you Care to share !
I use nine large Cambro clear round food storage containers to store my smoking woods. They are mostly full. I have hickory, pecan, cherry, apple, oak, maple, plum, peach, and misc chips (Jack Daniels, cherry, hicklory). I used to have a couple containers of pellets but I didn't like the end result (Treager pellets-ugh!).

I sent a PM to Smokin_on_the_Prairie asking for the files he created...thanks S_o_t_P! They will look much better than the large font b+w labels I'm using now.

Great idea!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.