Skip to main content

Murph’s Sweet and spicy Pickled Jalapenos
✔Wash approximately 5 pounds fresh jalepeno peppers in water, and place in a large non-metal container.
✔To 10 cups of boiling water, add 1¼ cup pickling (kosher) salt. Pour over peppers, let cool to room temperature. Cover with a weighted plate to keep peppers in the brine.
✔Let stand 7 days.
✔Drain, cover with hot water (not boiling). Let stand 24 hours.
✔Drain, cover again with hot water (not boiling). Let stand 24 hours.
✔Drain peppers, then seed and slice them into rings. Wear gloves while slicing peppers, and do not touch your face. Return peppers to container.
✔Mix together and bring to a boil.

6 cups sugar
4 cups vinegar
8 inches of cinnamon stick

✔Pour this mixture over peppers, let cool, and cover. Let stand overnight.

✔Drain peppers, reserving liquid. Bring liquid to a boil, pour over peppers. Let cool, then cover. Let stand overnight.

✔Drain peppers, reserving liquid. Bring liquid to a boil, pour over peppers. Let cool, then cover. Let stand overnight.

✔Drain peppers, bring liquid to a boil. Pack pepper rings into clean ½ pint or pint jars, cover with hot liquid, leaving ½” headspace. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.

Note: Some steps are repeated. This recipe is correct, and can be used to help keep track of where you are in the process. Making these pickles is a process that takes at least two weeks.
I use baby carrots sliced lengthwise and add to peppers when washed at first step. I am sure you could use small onions also. Thanks to Frank Oclassen for this recipe
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well, the half batch is complete. Threw in a couple different peppers in addition to the jalapenos and carrots. I must say, I wasn't too thrilled with the cinnamon taste. I think it overpowers the peppers, I actually took the sticks out after only two days and still think the cinnamon is too pronounced. If I make it again, I'll either eliminate the cinnamon completely or cut it back to maybe a third to a half stick.
Hi guys sorry I couldn't answer earlier but offline for a bit as computer hard drive died and just getting back up to speed.

I do not know why the cinnamon but I could barely taste it and recipe called for it. I have done this recipe 3 times and usually get 12-14 small canning jars and need to make more before super bowl, I got to get going.

Glad you all like em. enjoy and happy new year.
All my friends love these and all I can say is they do not last long at a party.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.