Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by fishguy_40:
[qb] Hey Smokin... I put his username both upper & lower case into this field: Member Number or Public Display Name:

and i get this in return...

No record for the public display name you entered was found.

hopefully like you said, he's just busy. [/qb]
Then you're doing something else incorrect.

When I put his user#1875, I get too many hits to reply.

The search is VERY specific and the capital letters and spaces do matter.

If you ever need to find me, just type in the # 5 into the search.

Make sure to select which forum/specific forum you want to search.

For example, put in "brisket" as the search word, select "all open forums" and put in 1875 as member and you'll get 10 hits.

And in any of his posts just send him a Private Message.
Wow - it's nice to be wanted!

I've been playing lots of golf this summer, and a few road trips to music festivals here and there.

Then vacation for a couple weeks, now catching up from things that didn't get done during vacation....

I've got about 5 cooks to post onto my site when I find the time. Got weddings/festivals the next couple weekends, so it will likely be mid-September.

Thanks for the concern.
quote:
Originally posted by GeiyserQ:
[qb] Now Smokin'

Did someone REALLY steel your clubs or did they just end up at the bottom of the pond after a bad round???? Big Grin [/qb]
Funny, thanks for the idea. Big Grin

Nah, I don't get frustrated with the game. I actually play golf better than I BBQ, if that makes sense. You can ask my friends, I hadn't played for 3 months because of Arthritis, and shot a 3 over par. (real course, back tees) Haven't shot a round in the 80's or higher in a long time.

Did see a guy throw his clubs in the pond once...and it wasn't me.
I suppose you could bbq the hot dog hot sauce... but I'm not sure why you'd want to.

It's basically onions, brown sugar, and red pepper. Shouldn't be a problem to add a smoke flavor. Just don't know if you need to, although it might be easier to add a smoke flavor to the sauce, then grill the hot dogs when needed.

If anybody tries this, let me know how it comes out.
Sure, set me up. I know all coaches do when they're not coaching is play golf. Smiler

Might have to take you up on it.

Smokin'

p.s. and i was kidding about smoking the hot dog sauce. The whole thread started because someone had a question about your recipes (think it was the HD sauce).
I'll give it a try but I'm not very good at this stuff.

The original recipe:

10 lbs. yellow onions
1 qt. molasses, Sugar Mill
1 c. white vinegar
1 lb. brown sugar
1 1/2 T. crushed red pepper
1/2 oz. Red Hot sauce

My small batch conversion:
Should be appx 25% of original. Feel free to interject your thoughts/corrections on my calculations.

2.5 lbs onions (or 5 cups)
1 cup molasses
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 T crushed red pepper (or 1.5 tsp)
1 1/2 tsp Red Hot Sauce

Whew... I hate math.
Dave, ever tried the onion sauce in a NYC Sabrett cart? If so, how do the two compare?

Sabrett Onions in Sauce (for hot dogs)

Here's a cool clone for the tangy orange/red onion sauce slathered over hot dogs ordered from Sabrett push carts. For a buck or two you can grab a hot dog with the works on the fly from these popular umbrella-covered food carts in many major cities. You find hundreds of 'em in New York City, especially around Central Park (that's where the sample for this re-creation was obtained).

1� teaspoons olive oil
1 medium onion, sliced thin and chopped
4 cups water
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 teaspoons corn syrup
1 teaspoon cornstarch
� teaspoon salt
� teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
� cup vinegar

1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.

2. Saut� sliced onion in the oil for 5 minutes, until onions are soft but not brown.

3. Add water, tomato paste, corn syrup, cornstarch, salt, and red pepper flakes, and stir.

4. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes. Add vinegar. Continue to simmer for an additional 30 to 45 minutes or until most of the liquid has reduced and the sauce is thick.

Makes about 1 cup.
from TopSecretRecipes.com

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.