Skip to main content

Hi guys

Looking some advice, been doing some events which I smoke over night in my FEC120 then wrap well in the morning and place in cool boxes. Once at location I place them in bain maires one at a time as required, which has worked well keeping it hot and safe.

Now I have got a series of daily events where I need to serve for dinner (5-10pm) so I don't think smoking over night and trying to keep the meat at a safe temperature till 5 onwards would be any good?

But if I put the meat in for the 12-15 hour cook means I would have to go to the kitchen at silly times in the morning. Looking for suggestions as the best way to achieve the best q.

Cheers

Stu from the UK
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by MaxQ:
I've had decent results pouching meat in vacuum bags (FoodSaver, etc.) and reheating in simmering water.

Max's response is right on regarding vac bagging and reheating in water (or oven at no higher than 212 Degrees F.). One advantage to using oven is that if seal breaks on bag, you won't soak the contents in water. Another great option is a Winston Cvap (controlled vapor oven), which can hold Brisket and meats for the day. We use ours all day long at the restaurant, at a moist setting, pulling first load of meats off smoker in the morning, holding Briskets until evening rush - fresh as though they were just pulled off the smoker.

Rick

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.