Skip to main content

Had the kids over for gameday on Saturday 9-27-14. We got beat. No big surprise. I don't wanna discuss it. 14 pounder marinated in pineapple juice 3 days (son bought the brisket and wanted to try it), then trimmed, point separated and trimmed more(son learned a lot), flat and point rubbed liberally with Townsend's Whole Hog (it's what the boy had), smoked with about 2 oz hickory heart because daughterinlaw doesn't like much smoke.Smokette turned all the way up (~235).Point on very bottom rack position and flat right above, fatcap up. Flat went 11 hours to 190. Foiled with 1 cup of strong black coffee, coolered. Point went 13 hours to 205, then foiled. Put both back in smoker set between 150-180. (Who knows the actual temp ? Not me !) Brought in a couple hours later when kids (3) showed up for the game. Sliced flat (See the Smokette smokering ???) and chopped point. Very very yummy ! (just a tad dry) Cheap hotdog buns and KFC coleslaw. Baked beans on the side. Lots of leftover meat that I happily sent along with kids. I live alone and am kind of a fitness freak. ( I had 4 sammiches)

Attachments

Images (1)
  • brisket_smokering_9-27-14
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.