Cookshack Barbecue & Smoke-Cooking Center    forum.cookshack.com    Cookshack Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Additional Smoking Topics  Hop To Forums  Brisket    Mainely Dave's smoked corned beef
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mainely Dave's smoked corned beef Login/Join

posted
I decided to give this a go last night.

I picked up 2 corned briskets, rinsed, dried, oiled with EVOO, and rubbed.

Rub:

1 tablespoon cracked peppercorn medley
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon Coriander
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons Mustard seed
Plus the 2 packages of season that came with the corned beef.

In to the smoker (cold) at 10pm with 2 hunks of Hickory and 2 Kingsford Briquettes at 225 degrees. At 7am the largest cut was at 162 degrees. By noon they were 188.

Excellent flavor!

I didn't find the end result too salty. So, I don't know that I will bother with soaking in the future. I was too eager to get them cooking last night to take the time soaking and rinsing. So, I just did a rinse.

I will pull the meat earlier and wrap it in foil though. It wasn't overly dry but I would like it to be a bit more moist. The edges were getting dry.

This item will be a recurring theme at my place.

Posts: 8 | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice Job,,

Do you deliver???

RandyE

EastTennQCrew

FEC500
FEC100 ( 2 )

Posts: 329 | Location: Kingsport | Registered: August 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Randy.

I am really enjoying my time with this smoker.

I can just imagine the feasts you put out with your equipment.

Posts: 8 | Registered: January 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post