Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much brisket per person Login/Join

posted
I plan to make brisket for 12 to 14 people (8 to 10 adults) and was wondering how much brisket I should smoke?

Thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: Texas | Registered: November 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would go with 1/2 lb raw weight per person. So for 14 people you need 7 lbs.

Enjoy the meal!

Ed Powell
Sales Representative
Cookshack, Inc.
800 423 0698

Posts: 21 | Location: Ponca City, OK | Registered: February 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that at that ratio, it would need to be trimmed weight. If you don't trim the fat off of your briskets, you might want to step it up to 3/4 lb. raw weight per person.

Now if it were me, I would be cooking 1 lb. a person as I get heavy eaters for my brisket. That is when I use Tom's recipe! Big Grin

Enjoy.

John

Posts: 2097 | Location: St. Petersburg, FL | Registered: July 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never had a person compain about too much brisket.

3/4-1 lb per person pre cook weight.

RandyE

EastTennQCrew

FEC500
FEC100 ( 2 )

Posts: 329 | Location: Kingsport | Registered: August 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like Ribdog and Randy say,always 3/4 of packer minimum,and a lb for big boys-if that is the only meats.

Good Q 2 Ya,Tom.

Posts: 9882 | Location: Satellite BeachFL,USA | Registered: March 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post