Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I got to eat one this year at a contest. They are a very tasty treat. It was the whole shank. He didn't metion anything about cutting into smaller pieces and serving. The shank was about like a large turkey drumlet from the wing. Dang it was good. I asked my meat suppliers and they just laughed when I asked about "Pig Wings".
Just need to find a supplier.
Finally got a chance to try these. I had lunch at a little sports bar in Macomb, IL recently and these things were on the menu as "Pork Hawg Wings". It was the first time I've encountered them, so I had to go for it. Basic prep was a dusting with the house rub, and then they were deep fried. They're sold as an order of 3 "Wings" with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce on the side for $8.25. I passed on the SBR and substituted a hot buffalo sauce along with a chipotle ranch sauce.

All in all it was a good choice. I'm not usually a fan of deep fried meats, but the flavor was excellent. The 3 shanks had a lot of meat, which I couldn't finish. The texture was close to falling off the bone, but they still had a nice pull. They certainly were a good menu item for the type of place we were in. The manager told me that they were their second biggest selling item following burgers.

Pork Hawg Wings
Last edited by dls

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.