Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I need to scoot shortly for a dental app't but can point you in a few directions that may help.

Do an internet search for:
1. Rib Ticker Rub. It's available in gallon jars. Works well with PB's
2. Tuffy Stone's rib rub. Very simple tho slightly spicy. Works well with PB's

As for injections, do a forum FIND search for "pineapple pork injection" I cam across one a few years ago that was very good.

If all else fails, a simple 50/50 of course ground pepper + Kosher Salt is a reliable standby. Personally, I don't find butt injections to be a critical component for successful pulled pork.
quote:
Originally posted by DE:
Tatonka Dust is also good.

Love Tatonka Dust. Haven't used it on butts, but it's great on chops & steaks. Very unique rub, like nothing I've ever tried before.

quote:
Originally posted by Jay1924:
My new favorite rub is Porkmafia Memphis Mud, for butts, ribs, and even country style ribs on the grill. Nothing better for pork. Great stuff! With all due thanks to Andyj for his recommendation!

It's one of my fave's. Glad you like it. I thought I might have over-hyped it. A couple of other good rubs; One that JoeM turned me on to, Perfect Bite Butt Rub, made by Cook One on this forum. The other is MaxQ's butt rub that I got a chance to try through one of the rub/sauce exchanges. Not sure if he'd be willing to share his recipe, as I'm sure it's a rub that he uses at his restaurant.

As for injecting butts, I don't inject either. I'll usually mix in some extra rub after pulling and have a variety of sauces on the side. Folks seem to like it.
Last edited by andyj
quote:
Originally posted by Joe M:
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
I made a lot of $$$ on pork and my secret injection was one of my brines. Yup, my brines. Key is to give it 4-8 hours to settle in.

I give up. I searched for a bribe recipe that you inject but couldn't find one. Please post a link. I know it's I there somewhere!

My guess is it's his finishing sauce. I think that would do the job.
quote:
Originally posted by G Que:
Time to try it outside the box and google 'best pork injection recipes', I think you will find plenty of them. Smokie Oakies sells his injection at some smokin supply outlet according to some websites that I found online.

You may be confusing Smokin'Okie or SmokinOakie with SmokinOkie.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.