Skip to main content

A friend of mine is having a Ragin Cajun party and asked me to smoke a few pork tenderloins with a cajun flavor. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good brine and seasoning combo? Thought I would brine, then smoke to 90' then finish on grill with a good finishing sauce. I can use a pellet grill or my trusted Amerique.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

America's test Kitchen had a couple of recipies. There is one I want to try sometime where they butterflied the roast and pounded it thin, then grilled it with a sauce that if I remember correctly was Asian type. I don't see any reason not to smoke ti first then finish on the grill. If any one is interested i will try to find the recipe and post it.
I can't speak for every version of sauce,but we tried a newish,small joint in our downtown.
The better half/co-cook ordered the Oyster PoBoy and I thought I got pulled pork-turned out to actually be pork tenderloin PoBoy.

We've been fortunate to spend a couple weeks in NOLA,The River Road,and visiting the relatives in New Iberia[deep in SW "coonass" country for every year the last half century].

The Remoulade made both PoBoys almost inedible,even drowned in a bottle of Crystal sauce.

Might have just been their version-but we still comment on it. Eeker Good luck.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.