Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by MaxD:
I will try

It's pretty easy, just go to the top of this forum where all the threads are listed. Click on "new" and select "discussion" Just put a good explanation for the title and do everything you posted here.

You've got a lot of relevant data, you can actually copy from here and past it there.

If you need help, just PM me.

Smokin'
I agree with Big Tub. Smoking my first PB tmro. 6.5lbs.

Silly newbie questions but this is what 101 is about. Dale mentioned aluminum pans. I smoke meatloaf in an aluminum pan. You don't do this with a PB do you?

Your ribs 101 gave specific info to start your adventure (basically 3 hrs then check every 30-45 min until done. spray with apple juice each time door is opened).

I know PBs vary but can you do something similar for all 101s? For example, start by getting a X lb PB, start checking / basting every X often, etc...
Krash,the reason Smokin' might not post that approach is most of the experienced cooks will say.

Buy an 8-10 lb ,bonein butt.

Be sure the cooking point on the rack is around 220*-235*,set butt there,insert probe of remote therm.

When it gets about 195*,open door,wiggle the bone,and check temps a couple places.

If not done,cook another 3-5 *.

Remove, foil and hold a couple hrs,or until needed.

Most others would have varying techniques,as well.
Okie,

Very much of a newbie here. Just received my SM045 and on my second smoke. First try on ribs were easy and delicious. Now have a PB in and just pushing thought the plateau. Question on your baste/serving sauce though. Do you mince the garlic or put the whole clove in and remove after cooking? Thanks for your help and for all the great info.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.