Skip to main content

I recently purchased a 10 bone "prime rib" of Creekstone Duroc pork via one of my Boston meat purveyors. I've tried a few chops and a smoked 4 bone roast. Great stuff! Tender and rich in pork flavor.

While I don't think this product is listed on the Creekstone web site, a call to them may do the trick.

Definitely worth searching out. I'd put this up against SRF Kurobuta based on my results.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We tried some Duroc products that Farmland is promoting. They do cost a little more but the St. Louis and Babyback ribs we tried were really nice. They run about 15% more than some of the others but I think it's justified. They do come peeled and individually wrapped which can be a added plus.

I heard Creekstone had some Duroc products but of the 3 wholesalers we use, no one carries any yet. Wonder if they are just getting it started??

What did that bone in roast run per #?
Woo Hoo. I'm loving all this talk about Heritage Breed Pigs!!!!!!

Never Tried Duroc. Many folks around these parts raise them and show them. They are very prolific, grow extremely fast and do well outdoors. The breed is on it's way up, and is raised semi-commercially by some growers. They are a very hardy animal and leggy pig (lots of ground clearance). Glad you enjoyed them!!!!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.