Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

There are the usual chains,Smokey Bones,Sonny's,Woody's.

Any would make an adequate ,moderate priced,family dining experience.

Smokey Bones might have the better bbq,Sonny's has a salad bar for non bbq fans.

Go to Bonita Springs and take a right on Bonita Beach Rd, about 1/2 mile on left is Porky's Last Stand.

I can't really recommend it,but it has A/C,TV,and a full liquor bar,where you can get a pork sandwich.

Personally,I'd go to the Prawnbroker and eat seafood.
ahhhhh. now you are talking my home town. i was raised in ft myers, went to ft myers high, played against deon sanders, who went to north ft myers high...well actually, i was just in the band...heehee i was a senior the year he was a feshman..
anyway, there aint no good 'q' there. smokeybones, is newly added, and i never went there. woodys is pretty good, sonnys has good prime rib on fridays. the best in town, is in north ft myers. used to be called 'fat boys'. not sure what they call it now. its on old 41(fowler), less than a mile north of the river, edison bridge crossing.
i used to live across the road, and would walk over for 'q'. they were closed sun and mon.
however, your wife and daughter must visit a place in south ft myters, close to the page field airport... its a place called 'manny's'
manny is a popular/famous folk singer from germany. he is a one man band. catch home for dinner, and a show, they will feel like they are at home. great food, real beer.
tons of stuff for the family to do, there. they must go to the edison home and take the tour... go to the nature center and so many others.....
I was down to Ft. Myers a week or so ago and did notice a BBQ place. I have NOT been in to eat there yet, so can't comment about the food.
It's called Haneys Smokehouse. Looks like a fairly new place. Exit I-75 at Daniels and go West one or two miles, it's on the right hand (north) side of the road.
Enjoy your stay in sunny Florida.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.