Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We have one and we love it. First time we used it was on some NY Strip steaks. The first ones we tried were kinda tuff. Got the Jaccard and punched the meat w/it on both sides. It made the second batch of steaks much more tender.
Also I believe w/all them little holes in the meat, it allowed the rub to penetrate deeper also.
Mike
Last edited by Former Member
From all the good things said on this post I said I have to have one of these. The one I found is a made in China knock of the old model Jaccard at the local wholesale grocer. Maybe just a different label of the real Jaccard, but very well made. Anyway, I had some tough steaks in the freezer, and used it for the first time yesterday. This gadget is amazing on how it improved the meat. I would suspect the newer model that comes apart for cleaning is probably easier to clean, and probably easier to cut yourself also. After watching the promo movie on one of the internet sites I wondered how many restaurant steaks I have eaten that had been tenderized this way. After cooking the steak, even looking closely, its hard to tell that this old tough piece of cow had received some tender processing. Cool
Last edited by Former Member
quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
Just remember,them pink things is fingers. Wink

I'm using both hands on top for that very reason, don't want them to be pink & red. BTW, local Publix will order Tri Tip at any time, they get it in 2-3 days.

Q'n Mike, Sorry, do not remember. Did key word search for Jaccard and looked for best deal with shipping, about $40.00.

John

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.