Skip to main content

I took a day off work MA, PA the Wife & I took a trip to the CookShack factory. I had a chance to look at the Smokette 08&09, AmeriQue and the Model 50&55 we also took a tour of the factory seen the manufacturing process steps (from a distance due to safety reasons). We then viewed the packaging area I had a chance to look at a couple of the FastEddy models up close. After the tour and asking Karen Hoogendoorn there sales rep many questions examining the several smokers checking the size and comparing it to the room I had in the Van we had drove, I settled on a SM055. If you get a chance to stop by the factory I am sure they will be as helpful to you as they were to me.

When I got home we put the wheels on the smoker took out the racks put 2 pieces of hickory (supplied with the smoker) plugged it in and let it smoke to start the seasoning process. I am looking forward to cooking a Boston but and some ribs.

I hope your Father's Day will be as enjoyable and tasty as mine is going to be.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by GLH:
Did you poke a drip hole? Remember the drip pan?

You only need to cover the top of the woodbox. Confused me with "lined the firebox".

I love them big yardbirds!

Have fun!

My bad Roll Eyes

I should have said I covered the lid of the wood box with foil and the bottom of the smoker. Then poked a hole in the foil through the drain hole. The drip pan was already in place.
quote:
Originally posted by Wheelz:
Congrats Swede! Big Grin Nice purchase.

How did the birds come out despite a few minor errors...?

I put them in at 6:30pm, at 12:00am they were only 172˚ out of 180˚ so I took them out put them in the fridge and went to bed.

This morining I put one in the electric roaster stuck in the probe when it hit 180˚ after about 30 minutes I took it out of the roaster let it cool and put it in the fridge. I will finish the other one when I get home after work.

How long at 250˚ should (2) 6 pounds chickens take to cook to 180˚ in the SM055?
quote:
Originally posted by GLH:
Are you using a seperate electric roaster to crisp the skin?

Cool

Nope just wanted the chicken to have reached the 180˚ mark and heat it up for dinner. I dont eat the skin to much fat my tryiglycerides(fat in my blood) is to high.
Last edited by Former Member

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.