Skip to main content

I love kimchi but have never tried it with a little smoke, so today is the day. I am going to throw a jug into my trusty CS with two ounces of alder for an hour or so.

Also, I have a California Condor brining in Smokin Okie's holiday brine. I did a search and couldn't find anything on condors. Do any of you have any idea how long I should brine it? Thanks.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ahhhhh, smoked kimchi...finally, someone coming up with some good stuff.

On the condor, I'd brine it about 24 hours, to make sure the breast meat stays moist. Or, on the lines of a Turducken, a Condeagle is a condor inside of a bald eagle. Be sure and loosen up the skin on the eagle and cover it with butter-soaked cheesecloth or it will get that "rubbery" texture. Good Q to ya'!
I actually love good Crondeagle, which is a crow in a condor in an eagle. These are best done in something that will make 325* or better.

You'uns living in the communist areas of the country, don't forget to spring your clocks forward 1 hour at 2 am (set your alarm to get up at that time) and change the batteries in your smoke detectors.
Hummmmm

Let's see, is it time for DrB's annual April Fools. Sorry I wasn't here to contribute. Out at a contest, and NO ONE had time to April Fools, too busy building contest boxes and THATs not something to fool with.

Just the thought that someone could think of Smoked Kimchi....

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.