Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

If it was in a foodsaver bag- I'd say put the bag into boiling water. Since it's zip-loc, you can either let it thaw in the fridge and then reheat in a pot (and you can add a little more sauce to moisten it up) or you can put the frozen meat into the pot and simmer until it's all thawed out and hot.
In a pinch, the microwave can be used if you're short on time.
quote:
Originally posted by Swede44mag:
I don't like to microwave my smoked meat it tends to make it tough. I would rather thaw it out in the fridge and warm it up in a pan.

Ditto for me as well. If it's in a water tight bag then I use water. I reheat in a deep foil pan with a bit of apple juice or water if no juice.
Brett,

Our favorite way of re-heating our vacuum packed pulled meats is as follows:

1. Thaw the frozen bags in tap water.

2. Remove the thawed meats, fluff them up with two forks and place them in two layers of heavy duty aluminum wrap with the long way of the two layers 90 degrees from each other. This makes a bag big enough to hold lots of meat. Seal the ends very tight.

3. Place the aluminum package in the oven set to 350 degrees and after about 45 minutes to an hour check the meat inside with an instant thermometer placed through the aluminum - looking for 150 degrees. The meat will rise to a point where no bacteria will live. One time we re-heated some pulled pork to room temperature and we didn't get sick. Roll Eyes

4. We seldom use BBQ sauce, but we do serve it on the side with warmed up meats for frozen smoked meats sometimes gets stronger with smoke and needs a little toning down.

Smokemullet
The microwave will not make the meat tough if you only heat maybe up to 4 servings at a time in a glass bowl meant for the microwave and moisten the meat first with apple juice or water, and cover the bowl with a papertowel, and use power lever 7 and stir after every 1 minute until it is hot enough, which is usually 1 minute for 2 servings and 2 minutes for 4 servings in mine.

Now maybe I am the run-on sentence champ!

Cool
i freeze 1 # per 1 qt. freezer bag, roll all the air out, zip, pat thin so it is about 1/2 inch in thickness or less(ie a flat even square patty) and freeze. then thaw a bit. poke a pin hole in the top and microwave 1 min on high. but i take mine out at 188-190 so i probably have a bit more moisture to begin with. jan

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.