Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hmmm.....

Does it come with a pastel colored sweater to tie around your waist as you eat? Big Grin Wink

It almost sounds like you're descibing an offshoot of an Eastern NC sauce. Depending on what you call sweet you may be describing EXACTLY an Eastern Carolina sauce.

If you already know what that tastes like and it was something else. Describe how it differed and we'll try to match it. Because I've searched like mad and haven't found anything on the net for a Conn BBQ sauce.
Funny...Never been back east but I can picutre where you are going ;-)

Actually it could very well be carolina instead of connecticut. Since I've never been back east all the "C" states blend together. so it very well may that sauce. Does anyone have a good recipe for one of thoes? ;-)

Thanks Pat
I bet if you search google you can find a whole bunch of Carolina Q sauce recipes!

I will try it now.

Cool

Just as I thought. I searched google for Carolina BBQ sauce and got 798000 results. Your turn.

Gonna try searching on here now.

Cool

Found something even better.

Click on the recipe forum and the sauce thread is pinned to the top of the list.

How's that?

Cool
Last edited by Former Member
Connecticut style sauce? New one on me. But if you're in the Northwest, maybe your friend didn't know Conn from Carolina.

You came to the right place, we can find one.

But I'm with the guys, it's Carolina.

Start with my Vinegar sauce. It's in the "Pork Butt 101" at the top of this forum. Start with that and adjust to your taste.

Smokin'
I made the Vinagar Mop and it is definately what I had tried before. Thanks for correcting me and pointing me in the right direction. Just waiting for my Pork Butts to finish. They are sitting at about 176 and 185 right now. I can't wait till they are done.

I will make some of the mustard sauce tonight.

LOL I defnately got it wrong if Connecticut is a BBQ waseland ;-)
quote:
Originally posted by smokinghunter:
.... Thanks for correcting me and pointing me in the right direction.
LOL I defnately got it wrong if Connecticut is a BBQ waseland ;-)

Nah, it was your FRIEND that got it wrong.

You came to the right place, looking forward to your results.
I just got done chopping up my pork butt's and it is fantastic thanks to this forum and the PB101. It was smoked perfectally. It was falling apart and moist with bark all over it ;-) I smoked it for 28 hours till 190 degrees then wrapped it is foil, a towl and dropped it in the cooler till morning.

Thanks everyone for all the help! I am so happy I got a smokeshack BBQ!

With the sauce it is going to be a real hit today!

Pat
Yes... ;-) I hadn't had my coffee yet. I have a cookshack. I just got the 009 Smokette last week and my first smoke was the pork butt. I cooked them at 225 for about 29hrs which brought it up to 190+-. I didn't have a sensor for the inside so I was relying on the smokette being accurate. I have ordered the ET-73 so I will have a better idea about how accurate it is in the near future.
quote:
Yes... ;-) I hadn't had my coffee yet. I have a cookshack. I just got the 009 Smokette last week and my first smoke was the pork butt. I cooked them at 225 for about 29hrs which brought it up to 190+-. I didn't have a sensor for the inside so I was relying on the smokette being accurate. I have ordered the ET-73 so I will have a better idea about how accurate it is in the near future.

Aaahaa! I was wondering why it took so long. My butts usually ring in around 18-22 hours so I thought 29 was a bit long.

After seeing you had no remote thermometer I'm guessing you had to open the door a few times. Each door opening with extend cooking time from 30 mins to an hour.

If you cook again before you get your remote thermometer try sticking the one you have through the hole on the top and into the meat on the top rack if the probe is long enough. That way you won't have to open the door as much.
Actually I did have a remote thermometer but only one and it isn't wireless like the maverick so it went into the butt on the top. I only opened it once after 24 hours to check the temp of the lower butt which ran a little higher then the top one. My guess is that the smoker gauge is a little off. I plan on testing it today or tomorrow to get a calibration and see how far off the smoker gauge is.
quote:
Actually I did have a remote thermometer but only one and it isn't wireless like the maverick so it went into the butt on the top. I only opened it once after 24 hours to check the temp of the lower butt which ran a little higher then the top one. My guess is that the smoker gauge is a little off. I plan on testing it today or tomorrow to get a calibration and see how far off the smoker gauge is.

Got all kinds of odd going on...hehe. My highest temps are at the top of the smoker. Smiler

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.