Skip to main content

WOW Donna you've been busy.

New forum, new look, new tools. LOTS of new features.

Give us a little time. Lots of new features, but it takes a little while for US to learn the new stuff too.

We just had problems earlier this week with the software...so Donna decided to upgrade.

Everything is not perfectly set, but we'll get there.

Personally, I like the tabs at the top and lots of access to new things...like a better search capability. You can also hit search and find "posts since your last visit".

Look through it and let us know what you find. Lots of stuff.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I liked the old one better too (not complaining at all). We'll get used to this on I'm sure. Different is sometimes difficult for us old foaggies (sp) but if we can't navigate just blame it on dementia Big Grin It's gonna hit sooner or later anyway.

It's easy to gripe and complain but I choose to learn the new site and move on!

Thanks to Donna, Stuart and all the CS crew. Smokin, you're still top-dog in my book!

Let's BBQ!!!
Sorry you don't like it, but there were plenty of problems behind the face of the forum that CS decided to change.

Sorry but it's not going back. The old software was no longer supported and was broke so it changed.

If you had any idea how much time is spent on it, you appreciate the change.

Since it's been up all of a day, maybe a little time will make it better.
quote:
Sorry to bust someone's bubble but I prefer the old style better. It did the job it was supposed to. My grandpa used to say "when it's not broke, leave it alone". By the way! How do you proof read the message before sending for typos, etc?

Smoky,

But it WAS broken, that's why we fixed it. :-)

I don't know about proofing but will find out.

Donna
Well, I too was surprised by this new turn of visual events today. It will take a little getting used to but so far it seems to work very well. I remember a few months ago someone changed the screen colors on us and about 50% of the folks didnt like it, but we all survived. Change is hard for us older folks... hehe Thanks to all the CS folks that see the value in this forum and work HARD to make it the great place to share and learn that is is today!

Bob
quote:
I changed my name because it wouldn't let me log in under the old one.

Papa Deuce / Bodacious BBQ,

I checked your membership settings for Bodacious BBQ and everything seems to be in order. I sent your original registration information to you by e-mail, so give that a try.

Donna
I rather enjoy the new forum. My wife designs and maintains numerous websites and we have our own not for profit landscape and horticulture forum. I showed her this site this morning and she was quite impressed.

One thing to remember is that almost any new forum or website has some initial glitches. They will be worked out, so be patient.
quote:
Originally posted by smoky:
Sorry to bust someone's bubble but I prefer the old style better. It did the job it was supposed to. My grandpa used to say "when it's not broke, leave it alone". By the way! How do you proof read the message before sending for typos, etc? Frowner

Groupee's support person says that "preview post" is not available in this new one. Sorry.
Donna,
I appreciate the effort you made in regards to the 'preview post'. I guess we will really have to stay on our p's & q's relating to our spelling and grammar now. This new forum format will probably be okay after I get used to it. It's hard teaching a old dog new tricks. Thanks again for the consideration.
quote:
Originally posted by Smokenque:
.. this one has too much 'mustard' in it for my taste.. Big Grin

Well, Smokenque, I'll have to add some Texas style bbq sauce colors. Smiler These are the colors that "came with" the software. We will be working on a new color scheme that is more like the old one.
Go to Cookshack's home page. Look down at the bottom of this page and you will see a link to Cookshack Barbecue & Smoke-Cooking Center. Click on the "Residential" tab at the top right of the page. Click on Community on the black nav bar. The second item down, just under "Forum" is a link to Smokin's guide pages.
quote:
Originally posted by Donna:
quote:
Originally posted by Smokenque:
.. this one has too much 'mustard' in it for my taste.. Big Grin

Well, Smokenque, I'll have to add some Texas style bbq sauce colors. Smiler These are the colors that "came with" the software. We will be working on a new color scheme that is more like the old one.

Wink Just chain pulling.. I love the new fomat.. but, I guess mustard is considered a bbq color.. but, I really did like the old colors once that older forum finally settled out.
Hey this is great... one thing I miss, though: Seeing the member number under the name of the poster... maybe that's just cause I was #48 out of like 5,000 LOL! But you know, there's some pride in being in on something from very early on...
Last edited by Former Member
quote:
Originally posted by coffeebluffbbq/savannah:
atached photo to previous post. are there any ways to resize?

(That cat sandwich is hilarious!)

I am not sure but I am guessing that it shows the photo in its original size. Later I will try attaching some photos of different sizes and see what happens.

Donna

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.