Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by woodburner:
Hey this is great... one thing I miss, though: Seeing the member number under the name of the poster... maybe that's just cause I was #48 out of like 5,000 LOL! But you know, there's some pride in being in on something from very early on...
Gotta say I agree. Cool
quote:
Originally posted by NUPOC:
looks good, only problem was I had to totally re register. Then it told me my screen name was already used ( by me). No big deal, I'm a brand new person Smiler

The new forum uses your e-mail address as your login name. So you sign in with your e-mail address and when you are in the forum it shows your "Public Name". Your old login name is a thing of the past.

The only thing I can think of is that you changed e-mail addresses but if you are new that is probably not the case. I don't have an explanation.
Okay ...

To get to Chat, look at the top right where you'll see a tab called Go. Click on Go, and you'll see Chat. I am going in there right now to turn it on. It is Sunday and I want to work in my garden, so I won't be there every minute but I will be there part of the day off and on.

If you click on Go and you do not see Chat, e-mail me at d_johnson@cookshack.com or call me at 405.361.2196.

Donna

Donna
quote:
Originally posted by smokin chef Jeff:
I'm trying my best to figure out how to post comments and get into a chat but can't figure it out?? Frowner

Are you using the tabs at the top of the screen? Go, New, Find, etc? Move your cursor over the tabs and you will see other choices. If you can't see the tabs, let me know. I'll be glad to submit it to groupee support as it's beyond my level of skill.

Donna
I have tweaked the profile section so that you can add more information about yourself if you wish. If you add things, remember that this is a public part of the forum and other members can see it. Don't tell us stuff you don't want us to know. Smiler

I am lovin' this new forum. Everything from searching to correcting a typo in a post is so much faster!

Donna
Last edited by Former Member
So can we add our own pictures, through the attachment feature or do we still send them to Smokin?

I see the image icon at the top almost right of this reply but that would mean I would probably use my own web site with the possiblity of broken links much more prevelant.

For those on a MAC if you are in the message window and use the spelling keyboard shortcut (Apple key - semi colon) you can access your computer's spelling checker, same is true with the pull down menu.

On a Windows machine only God and Bill will know for sure. Big Grin
Yes, you can add your own pix using the Add Attachment feature in the full reply forum. File size is limited to 300K.

For those of you who have not noticed, look down to the bottom right of the screen. You will see "Reply" with two arrows to the right of it. The first arrow gives you full reply window with all kinds little editing goodies, and the arrow on the right brings up the Quick Reply screen.

Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Donna:
I have changed the order of posts within a topic to newest to oldest, with the original post at the top of each topic.

I hope this hasn't confused anyone.

Donna

Can we change it back to the former way? Are we gonna have a poll on this also? Some forums give the option of having it several different ways so that each user's cookies control it their way.
quote:
Originally posted by GLH:

Can we change it back to the former way? Are we gonna have a poll on this also? Some forums give the option of having it several different ways so that each user's cookies control it their way.

As far as I know it is forum specific and cannot be adjusted for individuals. My feedback tells me that the current set up is what most people want. Sorry!

Donna
quote:
I have changed the order of posts within a topic to newest to oldest, with the original post at the top of each topic.

Donna

I'd love to see it changed back to the old way.. Unfortunately, in long threads, you have to skip to the last page.. but that's not unusual in forums.. However, trying to find the last part of the thread you read and then moving up is most confusing to my tired old brains cells.. maybe I just have to clear the smoke out and I'll be fine.
quote:

Donna

Well, the new forum appearance has improved a little with the toning down of the harshness of the color and the reduction in font size. IMO, however, putting the most recent post first and the original post last is a mistake. More often than not, the original post is a question. Other than that, the original post is some type of statement.

Seems quite odd reading the answers before seeing the question or the responses before seeing the statement.
Reading from the bottom up does seem a bit confusing but makes it easier to find new replies. If it stays this way, can we get a link at the top for "next topic" so we don't have to jump to the bottom of the page for this link? How about a link like the old forum had to Jump to new replies since we last were here?

I like the new colors except for the "day-glow red" bars top and bottom and in reply box - these are really hard on the eyes to read.

Mudgie
Okay, here's what you do if you want to read a post from beginning to end. Look at the bottom right of your screen. If the topic is more than one page long, you will see page numbers. Click on the last page number and read bottom to top, higher to lower page numbers.

I don't know if other people feel the same as you, I have had mixed comments.

Why don't you post a poll and see what The People want? I'll abide by the poll. Must be left up for one week and must have at least 25 replies to get a fair sampling.

Donna

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.