Skip to main content

Well, I have looked though all the past forums and read as much as I could about finding the right meat thermometer. But, really never found the right answer for what I am looking for. Hopeing someone would be kind enough to help..

Looking for a thermometer that will let me moniter the internal meat temp and the temp of the cooker. Also, one that will let me probe two different pieces of meat at the same time. Example if I am cooking two briskets, one brisket and one pork butt.

Thanks for the help....
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

mlesser,

I swear by maverick thermometers, I have one, model #ET-7, that will monitor two kinds of meat at once. I also have several others, ET-8 which has three different beeps for almost done, done and over done also a ET-73 which is just a simple remote and a Accurite for back up Paid less than $20 a piece on Ebay. I have seen a Maverick with a probe for oven temp and seperate probe for meat temp.

Hope this helps

Mark
Many use the Maverick which has two probes. One goes in the meat and one in the smoker. The one for the smoker can also be set to use in a second piece of meat or a different location in one larger piece of meat. I have the Maverick but don't really like it because I keep losing the signal to my remote display.

I also have several Taylor remote thermometers which I like better and are more reliable and are less expensive ($16.95 at Target). If you have more than one piece of meat cooking then just put as many probes as you want through the vent hole.
I have a Maverick and wire length has never been a problem in the Smokette or the offset. The only issue I've had with it is as Q'n Mike says, sometimes it loses it's signal. That's because some other device in the neighborhood like a cell phone or a wireless router is operating in the same frequency band and overpowers the Maverick signal knocking it out of commission.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.