Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

On beef I like HomeBBQ's Garlic Lovers Steak rub. Very good garlicy blend and NO MSG. Montreal Steak seasoning was my goto rub for a long time. Head Country for my wife and friends is a MUST at each weekly cookout. I still love CS Rib Rub on my butts. Smiler and last but not least, Durkee's St Loius style Smokey Mesquite seasoning on pork ribs and or wings. Gotta keep a shaker of Dr BBQ's Bonesmokers Crank It Up pepper blend just to keep people on their toes! Thats what I carry when I cook away from home. Smiler

Bob
Damn, isn't your CS saving you enough time SmilerYou gotta make it your Q. Search for recipes, add more of what you like and less of what you don't. Sit back, have a couple of cold ones and make a bunch of different rubs for a night. Have a box of tissue nearby in case you get a nose full of pepper. You will also save money for your next CS.
Some favorites here are " Dancing Pigs" from the BBQ Shop in Memphis www.dancingpigs.com also there is Strawberry's in Holcomb Missouri. www.strawsbbq.com "yes, those are slow and low pork steaks on the web page.....awesome!!! also in Waldenburg Arkansas you can find Woody's BBQ Rub... not sure of their website but a search for the name and the town will get you results.
all three of these are great rubs and we use them all the time when we are pressed for time.
Doc I use Wizards Pork or Beef rub. There sold locally here in Michigan. Hawgeyes in Iowa I believe sells it on the website. Dave Klose also has some killer rubs as well as Paul Kirk. Spice Wine, the man who makes bbq pits carrys his own line of rubs also. Just my 2 cents here. Sometimes I just open the spice cupboard and just start mixing rubs myslef also.

Bull

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.