Skip to main content

Hi all. I just got back from a vac trip to Virginia, and my 35th high school reunion. I volunteered to cook lunch for about 100+ classmates. So a week before I left, I cooked 70 lbs of pulled pork & 25 lbs of brisket flats. All meats were fully cooked, pulled, vacumn sealed and flash frozen (in a commercial locker). I packed it all in a 7 day cooler with newspaper & old beach towels (along with 20 lbs of homemade bacon!)on the morning I left, driving to VA. Trip took 16 hrs driving straight thru, but all meats were still frozen solid upon arrival. Moved them all to a freezer there, took the Harley off my trailer for some ride time, and unloaded my 050. While there I cooked 30 lbs of salmon fillets and 4 of the turkey breasts (the kind still on a carcass) for appitizers. On the day of the picnic, we warmed up the pulled pork in the vacumn sealed bags using the hot water method. Brisket was served sliced and cold for sandwiches. Also made 2 gallons of smoked baked beans with burnt ends. I took along a gallon of Sweet Baby Rays regular and 2 bottles of Cookshack bbq sauce to compliment the meat. All the CS sauce dissapeared first, and they left me with 1/2 a gallon of SBR! Everyone raved on and on about the pork and brisket. The beans were all gone! Salmon was a total hit! Turkey meat was lightly smoked and still very juicy. There was NO meat leftover at the end of the 2 hr picnic!!! 120 buns disapeared! Head count says we served about 110 people. So many compliments I was almost embarassed. So many people told me they eat other peoples BBQ, smoked meats, etc and mine was by far the best they had ever eaten. And my comment? I couldnt have done it without my Cookshack 050!!

Thanks again CS for making such a fine product. I thought I was going to have to fight these people off when I went to load my smoker back in the truck. Smiler

Bob
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.