Skip to main content

Here is ANOTHER recipe for an original marinade of mine. It is my go to for leg of lamb or lamb Shish kebab.

1 part Good Soy Sauce
1 part just OK Balsamic Vinegar
1 part really good EVOO (olive oil)
LOTS of garlic cloves
green pepper corns
black pepper corns
fresh rosemarry
dried basil
dried oregano
dried marjoram

Put everything into a blender and blend until everything is ground up and the liquid is emulsified. By doing this the oil will not separate out from the other liquids. For Shish kebab, use either whole or boneless leg of lamb, trim meat COMPLETELY free of silver skin, fat, tendons and cut into large ~ 1 1/2" cubes. The lamb chunks needs at least two days in the marinade and longer for a whole leg.

I have a hard time keeping my wife out of this when I do my shish kebabs, she will sneak a few pieces out and nuke em so I don't catch her .

When ready to cook, skewer the lamb alone and grill rare. The veggies (compari tomatoes, sweet onion, bell pepper and mushrooms) can use a quick toss in the marinade and can be either pan roasted or grilled on their own skewers. Serve over basmati rice or brown basmati and wild rice. mmmmmm
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
Mike. Can you give us a rough idea on quantities?

I usually cut up two boneless leg of lamb for shsih kebab, so I mix up a batch large enough to cover the meat. For a batch like that quantities are:

1 cup Good Soy Sauce
1 cup just OK Balsamic Vinegar
1 cup really good EVOO (olive oil)
2 whole heads of garlic, divided into cleaned cloves
2 TBS green pepper corns
2 TBS black pepper corns
2-3 TBS fresh rosemarry stripped from woody stem
2 TBS dried basil
2 TBS dried oregano
2 TBS dried marjoram

Just put whole garlic and spices in blender an emulsify. Run Blender a couple of minutes to REALLY grind everything up and blend. The lamb needs AT least 2 days and gets better up to 4.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.